Thursday, December 13, 2018

Move Resource Group to a New Subscription on Azure Cloud

I have all of my resources in a single resource group. When I tried to move this resource group to a new subscription, I got an error saying that "Move resources specified storage account(s) yourStorageAccountName are not found with sourceSubscription..., sourceResourceGroup yourTargetResourceGroup, targetSubscription..., targetResourceGroup yourSourceResourceGroup."

It turned out that you cannot move all resources in a resource group at once if they are not in the same region. Some of my resources are in the region US West, and some are in the region US West 2.

So, I first selected all resources in the region US West 2, and moved them. After the move was done, I selected all of the remaining resources in the region US West, and moved them as well.

Everything went without any errors.


No comments:

Post a Comment